14 December 2007
| Views: 2911
26 March 2007
With this book, web developers can build engaging and interactive sites and applications using Microsoft's latest web development tools — ASP.NET 2.0 and the new ASP.NET AJAX framework. You learn to create applications that have all the great tricks you see on popular commercial web sites, such as order forms and the ability to interact with a database. And you can build pages that display information interactively without a page refresh. This straightforward tutorial explains how.
Learning ASP.NET 2.0 with AJAX helps you master the concepts and techniques of Microsoft's tools with plenty of annotated examples, review quizzes, web construction exercises and chapter summaries, so you can practice new skills and test your understanding as you go. With it, you'll learn to:
- Master the fundamental skills of ASP.NET 2.0 to build professional quality web applications
- Integrate new Ajax tools and CSS with ASP.NET 2.0 for flashier and more interactive sites
- Build applications with minimal coding using Visual Studio or its free counterpart, Visual Web Developer
- Connect your site with a database so that users can retrieve, interact and save data
- Debug your application, deal with unexpected problems, and protect your site from malicious users
- Use the community-maintained ASP.NET AJAX Control Toolkit to extend the controls that come with ASP.NET AJAX
- Use personalization tools to give your site a customized look for each user
| Views: 1358
16 March 2007
Community Server Quickly: A Concise and Practical Guide to Installation, Administration and Customization
Working with this clear and concise step-by-step guide you’ll be up and running with a fully featured Community Server Express Edition website based on ASP.NET as fast as possible. With full coverage of installing, managing, and customizing this powerful tool for your community audience, this book is the essential administrator’s companion. Community Server is Telligent System’s award-winning solution for quickly and easily enabling online communities. It includes a suite of integrated applications, such as blogs, discussion forums, photo sharing, file sharing, email lists, newsgroups, and more, which together can help you create your community presence.
| Views: 2370
Hacking the Code: ASP.NET Web Application Security
More of a programmer's guide than a security guide, Hacking the Code explains how certain code can be attacked, shows how you should edit the code, and offers case studies and examples for doing so. The book establishes policies for object input, and shows how to audit existing code for potential security problems.
People constantly ask security expert Mark Burnett for a guide to writing secure code. They don't want a course on security, they want to f.i.x their code. This book is a practical guide on how to maintain session state, how to properly handle cookies, how to get user input, and more. Instead of just telling you how to do it, Burnett shows actual code that can be dropped right into your applications. This book covers almost all security issues known. Burnett has put hundreds of hours of research into his code audit database and is now making that available to you.